Monday, January 10, 2011

Three Day Weekends are the Bomb!

So, apparently we were supposed to have an ice/snow storm.  Not so much!  However, we will gladly take the day off to celebrate our AU Tigers taking on the O Ducks in the National Championship game tonight!  What a great way to start off 2011.  And below you will find some other great updates from our first couple of weeks of 2K11!
On the basketball front…Coach Maness’ JV boys are now 8-2.  We had a very unfortunate lose to Eufaula Friday night.  Allen says he was expecting to lose because of the way the boys have been practicing the last couple of weeks.  Evidently they had “gotten the big head”; as Allen says, and had grown to think that they couldn’t be beat.  They seemed to think that they didn’t need to play defense and the E tigers ended up taking advantage.  Hopefully this was a lesson learned for them and we will come out strong tomorrow night against Rehobeth.  The varsity on the other hand is beginning to step up right on time.  Their record is now 11-8 and 2-0 in region play.  We beat both CHHS and Eufaula without much problem.  Tomorrow night’s match against Rehobeth will be a challenge.  We played them earlier this year in our Thanksgiving tournament and lost by 18.  However, the boys have been playing MUCH better basketball and I have a feeling it’s going to go our way.  That would put us #1 in our region through the first half of match ups.  Man it’s great to be part of a winning team and no one deserves it more than my hubby!
On the social front…we had a very nice surprise this weekend!  Some of our best friends from GA, The Hanners, came to visit Saturday and Sunday.  My mom was selling her pathfinder and Jeff needed a work vehicle.  They were going to come and look at the vehicle and we convinced them to just plan to stay the night.  We had LOTS of fun playing ping pong and breaking in Jeff’s new ride.  We always have fun with Jeff and Julie!  We will definitely be planning a trip to Hannerville as soon as bball is over to enjoy their company again!  We love y’all!
On the school front…so I was NOT looking forward to my new classes this semester.  It seemed that one of my classes was going to be really tough with kids who “don’t do well with authority”.  The first 20 minutes of that class on Wednesday was HORRIBLE.  However, the Hobbs came out in me and we quickly came to an understanding.  Within the 4 walls of my classroom…I AM THE BOSS!  Period.  The rest of the week was wonderful.  I’ve been told that this group of kids will set you up for a major let down…some of them wear home-arrest bracelets…but I’ve really taken to them.  Some of them are really smart.  Others not so much.  But one thing they all have in common is their need for someone to love them.  And that’s what I intend to do.  Even only 3 days in, I’ve learned that they all have their own unique personality and deep down they are eager for approval.  I’ve been known to come home and ask Allen if I can bring home a thug…he always tells me no but we’ll see how the rest of the semester goes. J
Alrighty…I need to go finish my preparations for tonight’s big game.  Allen’s coworker and his wife are coming over to enjoy the festivities with us.  I’m looking forward to a great night.  Let’s gooooooo tigers!  As one of my high school classmates said earlier on Facebook, the cheerleader is coming out in me.  My response…I’ve been practicing my moves in front of the bathroom mirror all morning!  She probably thought I was joking…I wasn’t!  Hope everyone enjoys the game as much as we plan to!  War Eagle!

No comments:

Post a Comment