Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The End Is Near!

16 days and counting!  Can you guess what I'm counting down?  If you're a school teacher I'll give you 3 guesses...but I bet you only need 1!  I CANNOT wait for summer break!  My kids are going crazy for real!  I had a kid tell me today "if you don't like it, you can just eat it".  The most mind blowing part is that his mother was standing right there...and did not say one word!  In my most recent FB post I asked the question "What is happening to our kids?".  The answer...THEIR PARENTS!  Its really a shame that good people are being turned away from education as a career because they are not supported.  Case in point...if any college student asked my husband for advice on being a teacher...he would totally turn them away from it!  And to be honest, I can't blame him.  After the year he's had putting up with disrespect and no support I can so understand his frustration.  Then there are those teachers like me who even though are feeling the reins tightening in education still LOVE to teach.  Yes, I'm frustrated but I can't imagine doing anything other with my life...except being a stay at home wife of course. :)  All complaining set aside...in 3 and a half weeks we will be reminded why we chose education as a career!  The end is near!

No comments:

Post a Comment