Monday, July 2, 2012

Who was I kidding!?!
I can't wait until Friday to share our news!
Would a gender reveal party have been so much fun?
Absolutely!
But I just can NOT wait!
I never thought I was a BAD secret keeper but as it turns out...
I CANNOT KEEP THIS SECRET!
So, let me be the first to introduce you to our sweet little PRINCESS...

2012-07-02_15-44-43_983.jpg
Emma Makenzie Maness
Just a quick explanation on the name...We decided when we were pregnant 2 years ago that if we had a girl, she would be Samantha Abigail.  Samantha because its similar to Samuel (Allen's first name...) and Abigail because of one of his former students, Abigail Faulk that he absolutely fell in love with on her first day of Kindergarten at ZC.  AND....we have this whole initial thing that we've been shooting for.  You see my birth name is Andrea Nicole Domizio and Allen's is Samuel Allen Maness.  Now, call me weird but when we were dating I noticed that both of our initials were the first 3 letters in both our first names.  ANDrea and SAMuel.  I thought that was a sign that we were MEANT for each other!  :)  So all along the way we have toyed with using the same "pattern" for our kids.  Once we decided that our last baby was going to be "Baby Cam" we sort of "saved" Samantha Abigail for our second child.  Well 2 years later, I still really like the name but I came up with Emma too.  Why Emma???  Well, have I ever mentioned how obsessed we are with the nineties sitcom "Friends"?  You got it!  Ross and Rachel's daughter's name was Emma.  I've always loved it and at the beginning of this pregnancy we were throwing names around one night in bed while watching "Friends" and it hit me!  I'm even INSISTENT that our sweet Emma have the big E on her bedroom wall like in the show!  So, where did Makenzie come from?  Well, fortunately the third letter in EmMa is an M...for Maness of course.  Which brings us to the second M which needed to be the letter that her middle name started with.  If you know me very well you know very quickly who my MOST FAVORITE 2 people in the whole world are!  #1...my hubby...but running a close #2 is my baby sister, Kasee "Makenzie".  Isn't it nice how easily that worked out!?!  I am so excited...you might say I am tickled PINK!

So there you have it!  Allen will just have to wait on his ballplayer for now.  Did he "want" a boy?  Of course...but hey, we're 100% cool with an AU cheerleader instead of ballplayer.  That's right.  It's tutus and pompoms for us!  On the way home I asked him if he knew just how many dance recitals he would be attending in the coming years!  We are just thrilled.  We have been officially warned by a good friend though that girls are expensive.  I turned our finances over to Allen this month to relieve some unnecessary stress from myself.  WELL...I'm thinking it's already time to reverse that decision.  :)

One quick disclaimer...we are not 100% certain Emma's a girl...but it's like this...none of us could see anything that "looked" like a boy.  ;)  We go back July 27th for another ultrasound which will give us the go ahead to start painting EVERYTHING PINK!  Until then, I'll just be saving my receipts.

Happy 4th everyone!


2 comments: