Sunday, February 6, 2011

Chinese Food and Cowboys

Two very interesting and fun things happened in my life this weekend.  One, I discovered that I am totally in love with Chinese food!  Allen has been trying to get me to try it the entire time we have been together because it’s one of his favorites and I have been my normal stubborn self and completely rejected the idea.  You see, texture is a huge deal to me when it comes to food and everything I had tried that was Chinese was “gooy”.  However, the past couple of times that Allen has gotten a plate from the Chinese restaurant in town it has totally perked up my nostrils and made my mouth water.  So…Friday afternoon when Allen decided he wanted Chinese after a long day in the doctor’s office, I reluctantly agreed.  I must say that I have been really missing out!  And boy was Allen surprised when I made the suggestion that we eat it again for lunch today!  Am I the coolest wife or what!?!
Second, my husband took me on the most wonderful date last night.  For those of you that did not see my Facebook post, we went to D’Monico’s in downtown Dothan.  I wasn’t in love with the dinner that I chose but the atmosphere was great!  And Allen really liked his food.  I can’t remember what his was called but it was thin slices of filet wrapped around pieces of sweet ham.  Yum!  For desert I had an espresso ice cream pie!  It doesn’t get better than that!  We will definitely be making another trip to D’Monico’s and might I recommend that you take your significant other there if you want to impress!  As much fun as we had at dinner, the second half of the date was definitely better!  I have been telling Allen for months now that I wanted to go dancing.  Well, we found this country dance club outside of Dothan and had a blast dancing the night away to Shane Owens and the Bottom of the Fifth band!  It’s been awhile since I’ve danced but I must say…I’ve still got it!  J  It was so much fun swinging and swaying in my husband’s arms.  We were surrounded by complete strangers but I swear at times it felt like we were the only ones on the dance floor…oh wait…we were.  I loved every minute of it too!  It’s great to have moments like that that remind you of how it felt during the first couple of weeks in a relationship!  I am the luckiest girl in the world! 
My challenge for you this Valentine season is to recreate the moments for your significant other that made them fall in love with you!  Love never fails!

No comments:

Post a Comment