Friday, February 11, 2011

What's Love Got To Do With It?

Tonight I will be pulling against my alma mater for the 4th time this basketball season.  What's love got to do with it?  EVERYTHING!

Allen's basketball team finished the regular season 2nd in the area.  My alma mater, Charles Henderson High School, finished 3rd.  That means we are scheduled to play each other for the 4th time tonight in the first round of the area tournament.  The first time we met this season we (Carroll)...although other than when Charles Henderson is playing mine and my husband's school, WE also means CHHS...beat them (CHHS) 59-47 in the Ozark Holiday Shootout Classic Christmas Tournament in the championship game.  The very next week we faced them for regular season play and beat them 44-32.  The second time we faced them in the regular season we got SMOKED.  (Well...technically not "we" since I do belong to both teams.)  They ended up beating us 28-64.  And I must say...I can see why people don't like people from Troy...man our (CHHS) fans are very proud of their (our) teams!  And boy do we have some home-grown officials!  However, we (Carroll) can take the majority of the credit for the lose.  We played horrible!  So, this brings us to tonight...If we (Carroll) can pull out a 3rd win against them (CHHS) then we will get a chance to go to the playoffs for the first time in Allen's basketball coaching career.  To make things even more exciting...there's a chance we could go to Allen's hometown, Camden, AL, to take on Wilcox Central High School.  Wish us (Carroll) luck!

Disclaimer:  If my husband didn't have a vested interest in a win over my alma mater I would NEVER EVER EVER pull against Charles Henderson.  Once a CHHS cheerleader, always a CHHS cheerleader!  I hope my Trojans play a great game tonight...I just hope our Eagles play a better game.  Results to follow later tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment