Thursday, June 9, 2011

A Great Beginning to a Great Summer!

Summer vacation has started out Grrrrreat!  We're 2 for 2 on weekend trips to Panama City Beach.  The first weekend of summer we headed down for Memorial Day weekend with my sister and her boyfriend.  He's from PCB so we stayed at his mom's house.  It was great.  The first night we stayed up past 3 a.m. playing cards and hanging out and the next night we met up with our peops from GA and Kasee's old college roommate and headed to Buckaloo's.  It was great fun dancing the night away to the band!  The next morning we headed to Shell Island for the day.  It was my first trip to Shell Island since I was a small child.  WOW!  We had a blast.  We parked the boat on the bay side and the water was incredible.  Crystal clear and as smooth as a baby's bottom.  Just a short hike across the island took us to the gulf side and it was gorgeous too.  We had a blast and are so thankful to Hunter's family for allowing us to tag along!

This past weekend we headed back to PCB with Allen's sister, her husband and two girls.  We started Saturday morning off with a 6 a.m. run in Ozark (that's my new thing btw) and pulled out, PCB bound, at 8:30.  Our first stop was Shipwreck Island.  Did you know that a day at Shipwreck Island now costs $33 per person!?!  Are you kidding me!?!  They're making a fortune.  I'm almost positive they hardly pay their 14 year old lifeguards near what they are charging for admission!  We made the most of our day though.  We did every ride except the zip line.  And let me add that on both tall rides that drop off, I was more than appreciative that the lifeguard at the bottom was a girl.  I had to sit up with my hands over my chest and pick my bathing suit bottom from my behind each time.  After Shipwreck we checked in to our "roach motel"...Funny statement....we (the adults) kept calling it a "roach motel" until our oldest niece, Addison Grace asked if it was actually a "roach motel".  It was too funny.  Hey, we were going cheap...and that's what we got....CHEAP.  We showered and headed to Pineapple Willy's for dinner and then Pier Park afterwards.  Sunday was spent on the beach and we headed home late that afternoon.  It was a quick, but very fun trip!


To conclude today's post let me leave you with a few thoughts.

1.  Summer cheer practice is going wonderful!  My new girls are doing great and are adjusting very well to my version of summer practice.  We head to camp at AU the end of June.

2.  Summer basketball camps start tomorrow at Troy.  I'll keep you updated on our new teams' progress.

3.  I have finished my blog "The Journey That Defines Us".  It's pretty long...13,761 words to be exact.  I am in the process of editing it and breaking it in to smaller more manageable reads for you.  I think I am going to post a section each day leading up to the due date of Baby Cam.  That's June 28th.  Be on the look out for it!  It's been great therapy for me.

I hope you're having a great summer.  I know the Maness?es? are!

No comments:

Post a Comment