Thursday, February 17, 2011

Heartbreaker & My Obsession With Carroll Basketball

As most of you have probably heard, we lost Monday night in the area championship.  To make things worse...we lost by 3, in overtime, with 2 seconds to go.  Ouch!  When we got home I asked Allen which is the better case; to be behind the entire game and know you are going to lose, or to have it taken from you in the last seconds???  He couldn't answer me.  Although he did say that he would rather have a chance and lose opposed to knowing he was going to get beat before he walked in the gym....The perk, if there is one, to losing is that tomorrow night we get to travel to Allen's hometown...which he LOVES btw...Camden, AL and face Wilcox Central High School.  Allen is so excited about returning to his hometown as a coach.  We watched their game film from their win over Selma High School Monday night and I have decided that we can beat them.  Period.  Yes they are athletic.  Yes they are fast.  Yes they have 2 guys that can shoot lights out.  BUT...so do we!  I think I have become obsessed with Carroll basketball.  I love it!  After our lose Monday night, I layed in bed until well past midnight replaying the game in my head.  I just don't want the season to end.  I teach 3 of the basketball players and have really gotten to know the others as well.  I love them.  And I love watching my husband help shape their lives.  Nothing makes me happier than to see them run to Coach Maness after a win for a sweaty hug.  I have washed many of stinky dress shirts after ballgames this season....and that's been quite all right with me.

Update to follow on tomorrow night's victory!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment