Monday, March 14, 2011

Expanding My Horizons

What a great start to Spring Break 2011!  We've only been on spring break for 3 days and we've hit the road running!  Friday night we had sushi, yes, I ate sushi, with some great new friends; Marci and Ryan Williams.  I had a "shaggy roll with a twist".  What was the twist you might be wondering...a LOT of cream cheese!  Didn't you know cream cheese can make anything wonderfully delicious!?!  Then yesterday we got up early, went to Troy for breakfast with my parents and headed to good 'ole Hannerville, GA for a visit with our GA family.  BTW, if you try to look up "Hannerville" on the map you won't find it.  It's a small community, better know as Parrott, where our friends Jeff and Julie Hanner live.  We spent all day yesterday "countryfying" ourselves.  Nothing like riding four wheelers and shootin' stuff.  It was super fun.  I got to shoot an old military gun and a hand gun for the first time.  And wouldn't you know, I'm a great shot.  On only my second try, I busted a glass bottle to pieces.  Julie has the funniest picture of Jeff helping me shoot while Allen is in the background with his hands over his ears like a little kid.  Allen has always been scared to teach me how to use a gun.  Not sure if he's scared I'll hurt myself...or him.  :)  Either way, my Christmas list this year will include a cute little pink piston with my initials engraved on the side.  That's right...I'll be "packing".  Our night ended with dinner with the Hanners and our other great friends Ryan and Mary Powell and their two sweet children, Taylor and baby Cal.  I forget how blessed we were with such good friends during our years in Dawson.  Oh and one more thing about our visit....Allen would kill me if I left this out....he and Julie (she's also from AL and a huge AU fan) taught Taylor how to say "Warrrr Eagle".  The expression on her daddy's face (he's a huge GA fan) was priceless when he heard her!

Before I close for the night, I want to share a few more thoughts.  This week a family that I know from Troy and Ozark was tragically torn apart by the death of a mother and her 14 month old son.  I have really struggled with comprehending what the husband/father must be going through.  There are several times in the day when my mind is on something else and then suddenly goes to the man and I can only imagine how empty he must feel.  I want to take this time to share with each of you how special my family and friends are to me.  So many times we take simple things for granted; like waking up next to the love of our lives or kissing our parents goodbye before we leave home.  In the wake of this horrible accident I hope we all can reflect on the people that truly mean the most to us and try to share our love with them as much as possible.  I also ask that you lift up this family in your prayers.  Especially the husband/father.  Pray that God will wrap His arms around him and give him peace like only our Heavenly Father can.

No comments:

Post a Comment