Wednesday, March 2, 2011

"OFF" Season, The Flu & American Idol

Well...we're in our "off" season...if you can call it that...and these are some of my favorite days of the year!  Leave school, head to the gym with A, and then home before dark to cook dinner and relax.  Unfortunately, our "off" season is almost over.  Next week starts cheerleader practice to get ready for try-outs the first Friday in April, then practice 2 afternoons a week until summer, then practice 3 days a week leading up to the dreaded "two-a-days" the week before camp!  The cycle never ends...but that's OK because I love it!  And I LOVE the excitement that comes with a new squad!  For Allen, next week starts elementary basketball camp 3 afternoons a week for 4 weeks, then basketball try-outs, then practice leading up to summer camps!  And in all that he's got to find 2 weeks for middle school spring football.  Oh the life of a coach!

For those of you that were not aware, my strapping/healthy husband came down with the FLU the Sunday before last.  He woke up Sunday morning with cough and congestion...layed around all day Monday (thankfully we had a holiday)...and by Tuesday was dead.  OK, maybe not dead, but close enough!  We got him an appointment to see Dr. Alan Young (a.k.a. the Lifesaver) in Enterprise.  Since we are both short on sick days I didn't go to the doc with him.  I knew he must be sick with Dr. Young called me with instructions on how to take care of him...and a warning that he was VERY contagious.  He and I both had to take a round of Tamiflu.  He finally rejoined the land of the living this past Sunday. 

One more quick note before I go...it's that time of year again...time for our favorite reality show...American Idol!  We've been watching the auditions leading up to Hollywood and Las Vegas week and now it's time for the live shows.  Last night we watched the boys perform.  Tonight is the girls' turn.  So far our favorites are Casey Abrams, Lauren Alaina and Paul McDonald.  My money is on Paul McDonald...although I never have and probably never will call in...

P.S.  Still working on my blog/short story "The Jouney That Defines Us"...hoping to be ready to post in a couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment